PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle have revealed their US security will be "privately funded" after Trump refused to foot the bill.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to California before the borders between Canada and the US were shut over coronavirus fears.
Questions over who would pay for their security had arisen after Harry and Meghan said they wanted to become "financially independent".
And the couple last night confirmed privately-funded security arrangements had been made for their new life from the Megxit date of March 31.
Donald Trump yesterday waded in on the row and refused to foot the couple’s huge £20million security bill after they quit the royal family.
But the couple's spokesperson responded to the comments last night, saying: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the U.S. government for security resources.
“Privately funded security arrangements have been made.”
Scotland Yard and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police had been providing round-the-clock security for the couple and baby Archie in their rented mansion in Vancouver.
But Canada previously confirmed it will stop providing protection for the Sussexes once they cease to be senior royals on March 31.
The US President tweeted: "I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom.
"It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada.
“Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!"
The couple have been staunch critics of Trump in the past. Meghan snubbed him at a Buckingham Palace banquet last year and Harry recently claimed the American leader had “blood on his hands” for ignoring climate change.
Harry’s disparaging remarks were made in a prank phone call – revealed by The Sun – where he was fooled into thinking he was talking to activist Greta Thunberg.
And the couple's move to America – revealed by The Sun – is said to have “stunned and horrified” members of the Royal Family.
They believed Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, would consider returning to Britain during the coronavirus pandemic.
Prince Charles, 71, test positive for Covid-19 and The Queen, 93, and ailing Prince Philip, 98, have been put into self-isolation.
But Meghan is looking to re-start her Hollywood carer and has already landed a part in a Disney documentary.
The ex-Suits star has been confirmed as the narrator for Disney+’s new show Elephant after her husband was filmed suggesting her for a job at the Lion King premiere.
Meghan and Harry quit as senior royals earlier this year – announcing they wanted to become “financially independent”.
They returned to the UK this month to complete their final engagements as a royal but left baby Archie, who is ten months, back in Canada.
As part of the Megxit deal, Harry must ditch his honorary military positions for at least 12 months.
They have been allowed to keep their HRH titles but have been forced to accept that they will not use them publicly as they tout for business around the globe.
The Sussexes have already agreed to repay the £2.4million of taxpayers’ money used to refurbish their Frogmore Cottage home in Windsor and are expected to pay a commercial rent for it of about £30,000 a month.
Source: Read Full Article