BACK BRITAIN’S BRAVE NHS HEROES – CLICK HERE NOW
Strictly Come Dancing is due to start pre-production this summer but, similar to a number of other TV shows, the coronavirus outbreak could result in a delay in filming. The new crop of celebrities to take to the dance floor are due to be announced in August and BBC bosses are doing everything they can to prepare for a range of eventualities as the pandemic continues.
GET CAPTAIN TOM MOORE A KNIGHTHOOD – CLICK HERE NOW
When the government revealed the UK would go into lockdown, the BBC announced filming had been postponed for a number of shows.
It’s not yet known when the government lockdown or social distancing measures will be lifted.
With this in mind, Strictly could be postponed or the format of the BBC juggernaut could be drastically changed.
Strictly fever is fast approaching and reports have suggested bosses are considering a massive shake-up to the format to help the show adapt to the crisis.
Read more: Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly in Strictly Come Dancing shake-up
- Fern Britton reveals lockdown Saturday Night plans
The celebrities are partnered with their professional dancers at the Strictly launch which is pre–recorded and broadcasted in September.
The Strictly professionals travel up and down the country to train with their celebrity partners wherever they live in the UK.
All of the couples then take to the floor for the first live show later in the month where none of the contestants face the dreaded dance-off.
After the launch, all of the couples perform their dances in front of a live studio audience, which could still be problematic in autumn.
The following week the first couple wave goodbye to the dance floor and a celebrity is booted off the show each week until the Grand final.
However, it’s been reported that Strictly producers are considering including double eliminations in the 2020 series to solve the problem of a potential delay to production.
In order for the series to finish before Christmas, an insider has claimed two copies could be axed each week.
“There are no fixed plans in place yet but the team are considering all of the options,” a source told The Sun.
Too Hot To Handle’s Francesca Farago reveals why she kissed Haley [INSIGHT]
Britain’s Got Talent judges in tears over NHS nurse’s original song [INSIGHT]
Britain’s Got Talent fans slam dangerous acts on ITV show [VIDEO]
“They are taking note of what’s being done on other versions of the show, such as Let’s Dance in Germany.”
“One idea on the table is that of double eliminations, which would allow us to cut the number of episodes we air if we are forced to launch the show later than we would like to,” the source added.
A representative for Strictly declined to comment when contacted by Express.co.uk.
It comes after bosses confirmed reports that professionals could be asked to self-isolate with members of the line-up were “completely false”.
- Tess Daly’s engagement ring: Strictly star’s diamond worth £250k
A source told The Sun that professionals would go into self-isolation with their celebrity partner a week before the first episode.
“In theory, they would stay in the same place and then train together daily with minimal contact with the outside world,” they explained.
However, a source told Express.co.uk: “We are of course looking at contingency plans and what happens in what eventuality bearing in mind we don’t know what the guidelines will be in three weeks, let alone five months.”
Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One later this year.
Source: Read Full Article