- After years of slowed growth, the pandemic breathed new life into Facebook.
- In Latin America, Facebook's user growth will accelerate strongly, bringing its penetration to just over half of the population for the first time.
- Insider Intelligence analyzes this industry and several others to provide in-depth analyst reports, proprietary forecasts, customizable charts, and more. Learn more about what we offer.
In the last few years, Facebook has approached saturation in many markets worldwide, and as a result, its growth has decelerated. But the pandemic will breathe new life into the platform and cause growth to accelerate, as people turn to digital means to stay connected with friends and family.
In Latin America specifically, we now expect the number of Facebook users to grow by 8.8% in 2020 to 339.5 million, up from 7.3% in 2019 and more than triple the growth we originally expected for this year (2.8%). And for the first time, Facebook's penetration in Latin America will reach over half of the population, at 53%.
However, as we expect normalcy to return next year and for dependence on social networking platforms to lessen, Facebook's user growth is anticipated to decelerate to just 2.2% and remain below 2% for the remainder of our forecast period.
Want to read more stories like this one? Here's how you can gain access:
- Join other Insider Intelligence clients who receive this Briefing, along with other Media, Advertising, & Marketing forecasts, briefings, charts, and research reports to their inboxes each day. >> Become a Client
- Explore related topics more in depth. >> Browse Our Coverage
Current subscribers can access the entire Insider Intelligence content archive here.
Source: Read Full Article