We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Anton du Beke, 54, was the first professional dancer to be eliminated from this year’s season of Strictly Come Dancing after his celebrity partner Jacqui Smith, 58, was voted off by the British public. There had been lots of speculation the BBC show stalwart would step in for Bruno Tonioli, 64, on the judging panel after it was announced the Italian choreographer would be absent from this year’s proceedings due to travel restrictions. However, it is now being reported the father-of-two could be replacing Motsi Mabuse, 38, after she revealed she is going to be missing the next two live shows of the competition.
The mother-of-one took to her social media platforms and explained she had to travel to Germany earlier this week and as a result, has to follow Government guidelines.
These currently state anyone returning from the European country will have to quarantine for 14 days once they had returned to the UK.
With Craig Revel Horwood, 55, and Shirley Ballas, 60, the only judges who will be in the studio to critique the contestants, it seems Anton could be on boss’ minds to take the third seat.
According to source reports from The Sun Online, the stalwart could be looking at a temporary promotion after first appearing on the show 16 years ago.
Express.co.uk has contacted a representative of the programme for comment on whether Anton will be featuring as a judge.
READ MORE: Caroline Quentin’s Waltz ‘disadvantage’ confirmed by ex-Strictly pro
During Friday’s edition of Good Morning Britain, hosts Ben Shephard, 45, and Kate Garraway, 53, discussed the likelihood of Anton becoming a judge.
With Nicola Adams, 38, and Katya Jones, 31, also pulling out of the show after the latter tested positive for COVID-19, the journalists discussed bringing back Jacqui into the competition which could be a challenge as her professional partner is reported to be replacing Motsi.
As Kate explained this to her co-star, he said the judge who is self-isolating could still offer a critique from home.
“They’re not going to get Anton to sit at the desk because they would have got Anton to do it by now,” the Tipping Point star remarked.
Anton deserves a promotion
Strictly Come Dancing viewer
“No, but Motsi has got to quarantine,” Kate explained, with her co-star adding: “Why can’t she watch at home on television with a live feed?
“Lots of people have been broadcasting from home,” he said, demanding Jacqui needs to be back on the show and to be dancing with Anton.
Taking to Twitter, fans have also been calling for the stalwart to be given a temporary promotion for the next two weeks.
One viewer wrote: “Very pleased to see Anton replacing Motsi – self-isolating – on the judging panel, he’ll be fantastic! Can he replace Bruno permanently, please? #strictly.”
Ruth Langsford recalls Eamonn Holmes’ warning ahead of Strictly stint [COMMENT]
Kelvin Fletcher shares Strictly rejection message before show win [COMMENT]
Anton Du Beke admits Len Goodman called him ‘a**e of the decade’ [COMMENT]
Another added: “@bbcstrictly sad to lose Nicola, Katya and Motsi, but Anton deserves a promotion to the judging panel and will make a great judge as he is a great dancer and personality. #keepondancing.”
Whilst a third commented: “Strictly’s Motsi Mabuse has to isolate due to ‘urgent trip’ to Germany. Anton Du Beke will replace her, time for him to take up a new role?”
“Will Anton replace Motsi? #Strictly,” a fourth asked, with a fifth sharing: “#Strictly Not b***** Anton.”
A sixth opined on the social media platform: “(Will they let Anton judge this weekend do we reckon?) #Strictly #scd.”
The professional dancer recently addressed the speculation he would be replacing Bruno, days before Motsi revealed she was pulling out of the next two live shows.
In a Q&A with The Mirror, Anton explained “there had been no chat” about him taking up a place on the panel.
“There is no intention for them to whip me onto the judging panel, sadly. I’ve got a bit of time on my hands, I’d love to sit in for the rest of the series.”
With the stalwart keen to help out, it seems viewers could be over-the-moon at seeing him in the hot seat on Saturday evening.
Strictly Come Dancing continues Saturday at 7:10pm on BBC One.
Source: Read Full Article