ANT and Dec have said that Britain’s Got Talent will return to the live shows “later this year” after it was cancelled due to coronavirus.
The ITV talent show previously announced they would still be airing the audition rounds as they were all pre-recorded but that the lives would be postponed.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
Now the presenting duo have revealed they are expected to still go ahead later this year – if the situation is better.
Asked about the series on Radio 2 today, Ant told Dermot O’Leary: “The auditions start next Saturday a week tomorrow which we’ve already shot, there’s some great talent again this year.
“I think we’re going to do the lives later on this year hopefully, depending on the world.”
Dec added: “You can’t really make any firm plans at the moment can you? Everything is slightly up in the air. But later on in the year probably for the lives I think.”
The auditions were filmed across the country in January and February and they will air in less than two weeks.
An announcement on Twitter earlier this week confirmed the news, saying: "Confirmed: Britain's Got Talent returns Saturday 11 April at 8pm on ITV #bgt @antanddec."
It comes as Ant and Dec have been completely forced to change the format of the Saturday Night Takeaway finale this weekend.
They were due to fly to Florida with 300 fans to broadcast live from Walt Disney World but will instead just be filmed from their separate living rooms.
The show will feature pre-recorded links instead and of course there will no be studio audience for the third week running.
Ant and Dec’s hopes to continue the series this year comes after the coronavirus pandemic reached a grim milestone with the number of people infected worldwide soaring past one million.
Yesterday, the UK coronavirus death toll shot up by 569 to 2,961 people – including 44 with no underlying health conditions.
Source: Read Full Article