Andrew Neil announces break from GB News
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Just two weeks after GB News’ launch, the former BBC presenter revealed that he would be taking a break from his presenting duties. Since the network’s debut, Andrew had presented an hour-long daily slot from 8pm. However, during his segment on Thursday, he announced that Colin Brazier would be filling in for him while he takes a step back from the channel.
Upon closing his show, Andrew said: “That’s it for tonight and from me for the next few weeks.”
He continued: “But I leave you in the safe and professional hands of Colin Brazier.”
However, Andrew assured fans his break wouldn’t be too long: “I’ll be back before the summer is out and when you least expect it so stay tuned.”
It has since been reported that the 72-year-old could be taking part in the BBC dancing competition this autumn.
According to The Sun, Strictly Come Dancing bosses are said to have approached Andrew to take part in the 2021 series.
It has also been claimed that Strictly asked Andrew to appear on the show four years ago, although he turned down the offer at the time.
“Andrew was flattered by the request from Strictly and thinks the idea of him prancing around a ballroom in sequins is hilarious,” a source told the publication.
“He was asked to take part in the show four years ago, too, but turned it down.”
The source continued: “Now his mates are trying to persuade him to accept. It will at least keep him in the public eye and help to promote his profile. It’s not often he ventures away from serious news projects, and he has a lot on his plate.”
During an appearance on Sunday’s GB News, Nigel Farage quizzed Andrew on whether the Strictly rumours were true.
Although sadly Andrew quickly shut down the claims, as he simply told the host “No, it’s not true.”
Line of Duty’s Anna Maxwell Martin, who played Patricia Carmichael, and Death in Paradise’s Josephine Jobert are the two of the latest names rumoured to be taking part on Strictly.
Body coach Joe Wicks has also addressed claims that he is going on to the show.
Our Yorkshire Farm’s Amanda Owen ‘seething’ after losing new property [VIDEO]
‘Are you joking?’ GB News hosts taken aback by Meghan Markle [NEWS]
Big Bang Theory’s Kaley Cuoco shares thing fans always refer to her [INSIGHT]
He went on to admit that he has even recently declined offers from I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! and SAS: Who Dares Wins.
“To be honest, I just love being at home with my kids too much,” he told Radio Times.
“Being away for three weeks at a time, I wouldn’t enjoy that experience because I’d be missing them.”
Joe may have declined offers from ITV and Channel 4, but when asked if he would appear on Strictly, he didn’t rule it out completely.
“I’m definitely not,” the fitness coach insisted when asked if Strictly was confirmed in his diary.
“Publicly dancing on a dancefloor, out there and exposed on my own, is my worst fear.
“I can only ever really have a dance when I’ve had a drink, so to do Strictly I’d have to be steaming.”
Earlier this week, Strictly confirmed that Anton Du Beke would be taking Bruno Tonioli‘s spot on the judging panel due to uncertainty regarding international travel restrictions caused by COVID-19.
The fan-favourite professional dancer stood in for a couple of weeks last year when Motsi Mabuse was unable to be present and he says it is a “dream come true” to be back waving his paddle on the nation’s favourite dance show.
Strictly Come Dancing returns this autumn to the BBC.
Source: Read Full Article