TYSON FURY's team have yet to hold talks over a summer showdown with Anthony Joshua – despite Eddie Hearn's recent claim.
Hearn insisted earlier this month that Fury co-promoter Bob Arum reached out to him in the wake of AJ's return to the win column against Jermaine Franklin to discuss the fight.
But Queensbury promotions' George Warren – the son of Frank – insists there has been no contact over the long-awaited Battle of Britain.
He told Sky Sports: "I don't know the answer to that.
"The other side spoke a lot about wanting to reach out and contact us after the fight with Franklin.
"We've not heard anything, not had any contact, so there's been nothing to discuss with Tyson.
READ MORE IN BOXING
AJ told to avoid rival by Jones Jr who reveals ‘issue’ Brit is dealing with
Win an Audi RSQ8 plus £2,000 or £85k cash alternative from just 89p
"They made it quite clear pre-Franklin fight that they wanted to maybe look at that fight for the summer.
"They thought maybe there was an opportunity.
"I haven't heard from them. I haven't had a phone call, I haven't spoken to anyone about it. You'd have to ask them."
Joshua, 33, opened the door for a domestic dust-up with Fury after his scrappy points win over Franklin at the O2 a fortnight ago.
Most read in Boxing
Former world champion boxer Alejandro Gonzalez loses his THIRD son to murder
Jake Paul reveals how new girlfriend helped him get over Tommy Fury loss
Busty Misfits boxing ring girl Apollonia Llewellyn stuns in very low-cut top
Elle Brooke's opponent wears X-rated hoodie mocking rival's porn history
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
The former two-time unified heavyweight champion said in his post-fight interview: "You know me, I like to provide for the fans.
"I know who the fans want. Who do the fans want? They said Fury?
"The ball is in his court, I will 100 per cent be honoured to compete for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world.
"I stand here and say that proudly, it would be an honour, so wherever you are if you're listening.
"You know my management, you know my promoter.
"We've had dialect before, so let's continue this and hopefully we can get this on sooner rather than later. We ain't getting any younger."
Fury, 34, is currently without an opponent following the collapse of his undisputed heavyweight title fight with pound-for-pound king Oleksandr Usyk.
And Arum has revealed talks over The Gypsy King's next move will begin next week.
Read More on The Sun
Tesco shoppers rush to buy ‘bargain’ baby essential scanning at £130 less
My six-month-old baby is toilet trained – he grunts when he needs to go
He said: "Joyce would be a possibility, assuming he gets by the Chinese fighter [Zhilei Zhang, on Saturday night], because Tyson wants to fight this summer.
“And Andy Ruiz would be a possibility. We’re gonna be talking to Tyson next week.”
Source: Read Full Article