Tekashi 6ix9ine pal faces more time for partying during coronavirus outbreak

A former Tekashi 6ix9ine associate who was caught partying in his apartment after his release from jail because of the coronavirus outbreak may now face more time in prison when he is sentenced in June.

Manhattan federal court Judge Paul Engelmayer wrote in an order filed Monday that video shows the rapper’s former pal, Kintea McKenzie, a k a “Kooda B,” deliberately misled the court “by feigning genuine concern about contracting COVID-19” to get out of jail.

McKenzie — who Tekashi ratted out over the attempted shooting of rapper and gang rival Chief Keef in Times Square in 2018 — had been cut loose from the Metropolitan Correctional Center last week. McKenzie pleaded to be released because he has asthma and is at high risk of serious illness if he contracts coronavirus.

Soon after his release, a video of McKenzie partying with a number of other people at his Brooklyn apartment was posted online by a known gang member, Judge Engelmayer wrote.

“At least one of the young men at the party appears to be smoking a marijuana cigarette and others are drinking alcohol. The word ‘Blood’ is audible, although the context leaves unclear whether it was intended as a reference to the gang, the Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods, with which McKenzie associated,” Judge Engelmayer wrote.

“With the exception that one attendee wears a mask, the video does not bespeak any mindfulness by any attendee to the fact that a fatal pandemic is sweeping the city,” he added.

Judge Engelmayer wrote that he can’t remand McKenzie back to the MCC because he may have been exposed to the virus at the party and could spread it in the lockup.

Instead, the judge is considering increasing his prison term when he is sentenced in June, according to the court papers.

Last June, McKenize pleaded guilty to assault with a dangerous weapon in aid of racketeering, which has a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

He was accused of being paid by Tekashi to try to shoot Chief Keef at a Manhattan hotel to rattle him.

Tekashi, whose real name is Daniel Hernandez, was sentenced in December to two years behind bars for his role in the scheme. He was released to home confinement early last week because of coronavirus fears.

Source: Read Full Article