Freddie Mercury was the late great singer who many have come to adore. His and his band, Queen, have become even more famous after the release of the biopic Bohemian Rhapsody. But for those who knew all about the band, here is the chance to test your knowledge.
Freddie Mercury was a personality which few had seen before in music.
He and Queen rose to superstardom throughout the 1970s and 1980s, before Mercury’s AIDS diagnosis was made known.
After Mercury’s death, fans mourned his loss, while two of his bandmates soldiered on to create new, exciting Queen-related projects.
Here is our ultimate pub quiz on Freddie Mercury and Queen – but can you beat the quiz?
1) In which country was Freddie Mercury born?
2) What was Mercury’s birth name?
3) In what year did Queen form?
4) Before Queen Brian May and Roger Taylor were in a band – what was it called?
5) In I Want to Break Free the entire band dress in drag, but what is believed to have inspired them to do this?
6) Where was the music video for We Will Rock You filmed?
7) Where was Freddie Mercury’s last appearance with Queen?
- Kate heartbreak: How ‘commoner’ Kate won Prince William’s heart
8) In what year did Freddie Mercury die of AIDS?
9) What was the name of Freddie Mercury’s ex-girlfriend who became his closest friend throughout his life?
10) In recent years Queen has toured with an American singer who rose to fame competing on American Idol – what is his name?
11) How many Number One studio albums did Queen have in the UK?
12) In which year was Queen inducted into the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame?
13) In what year did bassist John Deacon retire from the music industry?
14) Brian May earned a PhD from Imperial College London in 2007 – in what subject?
15) Who played drummer Roger Taylor in recent Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody?
- How Kate Middleton and William sad to miss reunion with Queen
1) Zanzibar (modern-day Tanzania)
2) Farrokh Bulsara
5) The women of Coronation Street
6) In Roger Daltrey’s back garden
7) Collecting a BRIT Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music
9) Mary Austin
10) Adam Lambert
15) Ben Hardy
Source: Read Full Article