BILLY JOE SAUNDERS is facing a one-year ban for his sick domestic violence video with his £6million showdown with Canelo Alvarez now in doubt.
The controversial boxer, 30, was stripped of his licence on Monday after a video of him appearing to promote violence against female partners circulated on social media.
Now Saunders could even face a suspension, putting his £6m clash with Alvarez in jeopardy.
Earlier this week, a statement from the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) said: "Having considered comments made by Billy Joe Saunders on social media we have suspended his boxer's licence pending a hearing."
Now the BBBofC has revealed they are preparing to hold a teleconference to discuss Saunders' antics.
General secretary Robert Smith said he wants the hearing to go ahead "as soon as possible and preferably this week".
The hearing could result in a ban – possibly even a whole YEAR.
That would mean the biggest fight of his career could be scrapped entirely, with his April 11 clash with Alvarez already having been postponed due to coronavirus.
Saunders later apologised for the vile video and donated £25,000 to a charity dealing with domestic violence.
But this stunt is just the latest in a long line of career-threatening incidents.
In 2018, Saunders was hit with a £100,000 fine for taunting a vulnerable women, appearing to offer drugs in return for a sexual act.
On his recent video, his promoter Eddie Hearn, who signed Saunders last summer, said he was "appalled" by the "prat" for his disgusting video.
Source: Read Full Article